Thursday, April 24, 2008

Treasure Hunting: Sunshine Dress

Attention Fellow Fashionistas:

Bare-Legged-Dress Season is officially here!!!! (Ok, I know it started a long time ago for anyone in San Diego where I USED to live, but in KC, it's a recent arrival.)

Toss away your tights, and lose your leggings, pea-puhl! It may not be sunny, but the temperature is on the rise and I'm ready to show some SKIIINNNNNN (bruised and bandaged as it may be).

As I looked in my closet this morning, a familiar little number was calling my name. "Wear me, wear me," it said in a weak, yet cheerful voice. When my eyes finally rested upon the owner of this voice, I knew my search for today's outfit was over.

Everyone, meet Sunshine Dress. Sunshine Dress, meet Everyone.

Please excuse the bandages, and click on the pictures
to get a better view of the darling grey and white pattern.


Sunshine became mine one dreary (below-freezing) day in January. I was trolling the aisles of my favorite thrift store for who-knows-what, and a pretty pink little dollar tag happened to catch my eye. I pulled the hanger off of the rack and held it up in scrutiny. It had been a while since I had thrifted any clothes (like, maybe freshmen year of high school when buying children's graphic shirts and wearing them way-too-tight over a tank top was cool... yikes), but as I held her hanger up to my shoulders and tilted my head to get the perfect view, I knew I had turned a new leaf.

Imagine my further excitement as I made my way up to the register, where I saw a sign that read:

"TODAY ONLY: ALL PINK TAGS - EXTRA 50% OFF"

That's right folks. This dress cost me a whopping 50 cents.

As I paid, I began to feel like a criminal! How could I rob the City Union Mission Thrift Store of this darling little ray of gold for a mere sum of fifty pennies! I nearly threw my two quarters at Regina the Register Girl (that's really what's on her name tag - "Whad up, giiiirrrl?") and ran out the door. Thankfully, I was able to control myself.

Bottom line: I have been waiting for the perfect time to wear her, and even though I was a little behind schedule today, I was able to find just the right accessories to top it all off. Don't you just love it when that happens??

That's right. It has pockets.

In my excitement over getting ready this morning, I just HAD to have G take a picture of me on our way out the door.

Here's hoping that the bright shiny goodness from this little treasure will fly right through your screen (and through the rain) and make you smile today!

*Bling*

1 comment:

Sara B said...

you're adorable. bandages and all.