Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joey!

Another birthday this week!

My little brother, Joey (who really isn't so little anymore), turns a whopping SEVENTEEN years old today.

Kind of threw me off when I realized how many years he's got under his belt. I have always felt so much older than he is, but I can clearly remember being 17 and it seems like it wasn't that long ago at all!

Well, anyways, I couldn't write a post about my cat's birthday, and not at least give a little shout-out to my brother, so here goes...

My grad weekend in Ocean Beach, Ca

Joe Joe - you are such a blessing to me and I thank God for you everyday! You are constantly making me laugh... and it's never just the giggles. Always gut-wrenching, tear-spilling laughter. You are sensitive and so smart. Muy inteligente, no? Your smile brightens every room you enter, and you have a true gift of favor with others.

You have incredible strength and dedication, and I am constantly amazed by your athletic ability and drive in all that you do. I know we'll see you on TV and in magazines someday - either for your sporting endeavors or your design prowess (but most likely, it will be for both). I can't wait to be the very proud first-owner-ever of a pair of Artigues (way cooler than Air Jordans or LeBrons) and I expect the ones that you send me will be autographed, thankyouverymuch (size 9 - FYI).

I know you have a fabulous and blessed life ahead of you, and I am so thrilled that I get to be a part of it! Here's to many more years of family vacays, Christmas mornings, Suns games, and stand-up comedians. To your future spouse, your future children, and my future children, - you have no idea how lucky you are to have a husband, dad, and and uncle like Joey. To Mom and Dad, thanks for raising a great son (and you're welcome for the help). Joe, I am SO proud to call you my brother and I will be here for you for the rest of our lives.

Big-fat-kiss from your (always) older (but no longer bigger) sister!

P.S. Would this be an OK time for me to say I'm sorry for dressing you up like a girl when you were little? I had a great time putting you in a dress and using Mom's make-up all over your face, but I feel kind of bad for curling your bangs with a curling iron. :) **Bling**

No comments: