Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sipping Summer

"Little Pitcher" Original Painting by Etsy seller Polly Jones

Everyday, I think about how incredibly excited I am that Summer seems to be so rapidly approaching.

Long, warm, sun-filled days... bright citrus-y sunset-y colors... and possibly my favorite indicator that the cold winds have finally passed - dining al fresco!

Eating outdoors is one of my greatest pleasures in life, and I can't wait to start entertaining (small groups at a time, of course) on our tiny little balcony. One of the ways to best kick off an outdoor dinner party, is by serving the perfect outdoor-cocktails, of course!

Yesterday, I came across some really fantastic-sounding drink recipes (on an absolutely smashing blog that I read regularly called, In(side) the Loop) that I just couldn't help but share.

Pitcher of Pimm's

"Pimm's No. 1 is Gin based with hints of citrus and spice that's almost impossible to mess up. Take one bottle of Pimm's No. 1 and pour into a pitcher. Add a few mint leaves, cucumber slices, orange slices, sliced strawberries [or any seasonal fruits], and a few squeezes of fresh lemon. Add ice and finish with ginger beer or ginger ale. Perfectly refreshing for a backyard BBQ."

Pitcher of Lillet Blanc
"Lillet is a French Aperitif made from a blend of wine, liqueurs, fruits and herbs. One bottle of Lillet, one glass pitcher, one sliced orange. Soda or ginger ale optional. Instant party!"

They sound absolutely delish! Can't wait to try these, and if you get to it before I do... please fill me in on how it goes!!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Jessie - thanks so much for the link :) I will be making both of these over the weekend, so I'll keep you posted!