Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
If you had unlimited fundage, and lots of time to spend outdoors, what lovely finds would you add to your own outdoor space? Are you a 'hammock' or a 'picnic table'? A 'butterfly garden' or a 'bird house'?
Thursday, March 26, 2009
PS. (postscript this time, not Paper Source) Blogger is being a jerk and my layout is all messed up... it won't let me type after my last images. So this is goodbye for now, my friends!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
I have noticed, lately, that the higher the temperatures climb, the more adventurous I tend to be with my clothing choices.
When I saw this look on HiStyley, I couldn't resist marking it for further inspirational use. Perhaps a little "Kelly Wearstler", but this gal pulls it off well, and seeing others take fashion risks helps me feel a little less nervous to do so myself!
What is the most adventurous piece of clothing that you'll challenge yourself to wear this Spring?!
Here's to sunny days and bold choices, my lovelies!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
That's me. Tonight and tomorrow, I'll be putting the final touches on a crafty little batch of goodies that I will be selling at the Spring into Wellness Weekend, here in KC.
I'm honored to be one of the only product merchants at this event, and I can't wait to meet all of the other vendors and learn as much as I can about... being well! (A topic that I can't seem to get enough of!) There will be a holistic nutritionist, a massage therapist, a pilates instructor, a style constultant, a home organization guru, and many more!
You won't see me here tomorrow because I'll be busy as a little bee, but I hope you all have a truly lovely weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday! Adios, mis amigos!
*Photo via ffffound
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
The warmer temps have encouraged me to start setting up our little square-of-sunny-goodness, and these photos have been my inspiration...
I hope everyone has a fun, festive, and safe holiday... how will YOU be celebrating your St. Patrick's Day, my dears?
Monday, March 16, 2009
I absolutely love these paintings by 25 year-old Chinese artist, Zhou Fan. Insanely inspiring...
"A series of my paintings is based on dreams that I had as a child of many many jellyfish floating in the sky, some of which fell to the ground on parachures and became mushrooms. These dreams had a strong impact on me, and I remember them vividly. Somehow I feel that it is easier to focus on dreams than reality. In one particular painting, there is a boy crying because he keeps things within him, is easily sad, and he refuses to face reality." - Zhou Fan
His artist's statement is strangely relatable for me, and I love finding new artists to follow!
Download a free screenaver featuring his work, here.
Friday, March 13, 2009
The Sigh of Satisfaction - February 19, 2005
Sighs of restlessness, impatience, or sadness prickle in my ears. The sigh of satisfaction, however, never fails to put me at ease.
A sigh should be released as a wordless signal to tell whoever you are with that everything is going to be ok. The sigh of a sleeping child, a content friend, and especially the sigh following a memorable kiss all serve an important purpose. They are reminders of how we are blessed and why we should be thankful.
If sighs were tangible objects, I'd capture them in pretty little jars and keep them bottled up on my shelf.
The sigh of satisfaction is something that makes me truly happy.
The second installment of the new Truly Happy feature, here on The Lucky Stone.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
On that note, I leave you with jjjjust the right spring outfit for scooting around town and tackling a big to-do list...
All pieces from here. Natch.
Boo-ya! I'm off to knock out my list in the very same manner that I threw down a whole bag of Starburst jelly beans over the weekend.
Bean by bean 'til the very last one.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Saw this here a while ago, and thought I'd play along....
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars - Almost got eaten by a mountain lion (turned out to be someone's pet, named Rusty...GAH!)
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii - I think my parents took me there once when I was a baby, but I don't remember it at all.
5. Watched a meteor shower - summer camp
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland - one of my bachelorette parties... thanks girls!
8. Climbed a mountain - Yup! My fave is right by my parents house. (Camelback Mtn.)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - Last summer. Rained pretty much the whole time. Still fun, though!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - I lived at the beach for 4 years, so I've seen one, but probably only once!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - Ha. All the time. I've never really taken an official class.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - Yup. Taco Bell on Mission Blvd.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables - Mom helped me grow squash when I was little and we put them in these little plastic molds in the shape of silly faces, and the zucchinis ended up growing right into the shape. So cool.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - We did not go inside the Louvre (EEK)!
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight - Prolly. Can't remember.
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - DOY!
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - I held a baby pig in Iowa once.
26. Gone skinny dipping - Regretfully. I hate being naked.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - I watch the sunrise everyday from my desk which is really cool. Sunsets aren't as good here in KC as they were in Arizona. AZ sunsets are even more colorful and beautiful than SD sunsets (in my most humble and unbiased opinion)
31. Hit a home run - All-star softball, baby! (Yeesh, that's totally embarrassing.)
32. Been on a cruise - Disney cruise in the Caribbean when you're five yrs. old = Awesome.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - France (there is a town - and more importantly a winery - named after my fam!) Now I need to go to Italy!
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing - Used to go all the time in AZ... love it!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Does fast food count?
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Lots of times!
46. Been transported in an ambulance - When I crashed our scooter last spring, two firetrucks (?), an ambulance, and two police cars came, but I would NOT let the ambulance take me away. Stupid. I was in shock, I guess, but I definitely should have gone to the hospital immediately. Instead, I gave them a very bloody and tearful thumbs up, and told them "I'm good!" Let's just say, they weren't convinced, and I spent the next hour trying to be "tough" in front of a bunch of really cute EMTs.
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing - Well, I went but I too busy puking to actually fish.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - YES!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Snorkeled in Costa Rica.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - Do student movies count?
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - I had my own Event Planning business when I lived in San Diego... so much fun.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching - Awesome. Our boat was like 30 ft from a mom and baby humpback. Completely breathtaking.
63. Got flowers for no reason - From my Daddy. :)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Uh, still sleep with the teddy bear that my Mom's friend gave me the day I was born. Ya. Shut it.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - If your company goes out of business, does that count?
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - AND a scooter.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - Ok, no. Sad.
80. Published a book - Someday.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Nothing sounds worse!
88. Had chickenpox - Mom made me take a bite of my best friends cookie and sip her juice box when I was little because she had them, and that way I'd get it over with.
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - Yup, twice. Last time was in my front yard while I was climbing a tree (age 5? 6?)... that was when I found out I was allergic. Yuck.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
(Um, hello? Crazy.)
Check out my awesome Etsy finds!!!
(I am SO excited about this purchase! I have wanted it forever, and it is going to look great in the hallway!)
Can't wait 'til they all come in the mail!!!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I was shoe shopping online last night and I began to notice that 95% of my picks were by him! On several different websites! Usually my choices are across the board, but clearly he's my current fave.
Woven Heel - $158