Friday, March 6, 2009

99 Things

Giraffe Shrub (or is it a tree?)... just because. Via So Haute.


Saw this here a while ago, and thought I'd play along....

Here are the rules: Bold the things you’ve done and post on your blog! (My own explanations in italics...)

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars - Almost got eaten by a mountain lion (turned out to be someone's pet, named Rusty...GAH!)
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii - I think my parents took me there once when I was a baby, but I don't remember it at all.
5. Watched a meteor shower - summer camp
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland - one of my bachelorette parties... thanks girls!
8. Climbed a mountain - Yup! My fave is right by my parents house. (Camelback Mtn.)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - Last summer. Rained pretty much the whole time. Still fun, though!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - I lived at the beach for 4 years, so I've seen one, but probably only once!
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - Ha. All the time. I've never really taken an official class.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - Yup. Taco Bell on Mission Blvd.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables - Mom helped me grow squash when I was little and we put them in these little plastic molds in the shape of silly faces, and the zucchinis ended up growing right into the shape. So cool.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - We did not go inside the Louvre (EEK)!
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight - Prolly. Can't remember.
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - DOY!
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - I held a baby pig in Iowa once.
26. Gone skinny dipping - Regretfully. I hate being naked.
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - I watch the sunrise everyday from my desk which is really cool. Sunsets aren't as good here in KC as they were in Arizona. AZ sunsets are even more colorful and beautiful than SD sunsets (in my most humble and unbiased opinion)
31. Hit a home run - All-star softball, baby! (Yeesh, that's totally embarrassing.)
32. Been on a cruise - Disney cruise in the Caribbean when you're five yrs. old = Awesome.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - France (there is a town - and more importantly a winery - named after my fam!) Now I need to go to Italy!
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing - Used to go all the time in AZ... love it!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Does fast food count?
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Lots of times!
46. Been transported in an ambulance - When I crashed our scooter last spring, two firetrucks (?), an ambulance, and two police cars came, but I would NOT let the ambulance take me away. Stupid. I was in shock, I guess, but I definitely should have gone to the hospital immediately. Instead, I gave them a very bloody and tearful thumbs up, and told them "I'm good!" Let's just say, they weren't convinced, and I spent the next hour trying to be "tough" in front of a bunch of really cute EMTs.
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing - Well, I went but I too busy puking to actually fish.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - YES!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - Snorkeled in Costa Rica.
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - Do student movies count?
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - I had my own Event Planning business when I lived in San Diego... so much fun.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching - Awesome. Our boat was like 30 ft from a mom and baby humpback. Completely breathtaking.
63. Got flowers for no reason - From my Daddy. :)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Uh, still sleep with the teddy bear that my Mom's friend gave me the day I was born. Ya. Shut it.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job - If your company goes out of business, does that count?
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle - AND a scooter.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person - Ok, no. Sad.
80. Published a book - Someday.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - Nothing sounds worse!
88. Had chickenpox - Mom made me take a bite of my best friends cookie and sip her juice box when I was little because she had them, and that way I'd get it over with.
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - Yup, twice. Last time was in my front yard while I was climbing a tree (age 5? 6?)... that was when I found out I was allergic. Yuck.
Wow, if you made it this far, I am impressed! You are a true Lucky-Stoner! (But not, like, in a pot smoking way. Unless, of course you just smoked some, in which case it IS in that way.)

Regardless of what you have or have not been smoking, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! The weather is FINally starting to warm up a bit here, so I know it's going to be a good one!
I'm looking forward to lots of crafting, a special girls-breakfast tomorrow morning followed by a thrifting marathon, dinner and drinks for a friends b-day on Saturday night, and then another birthday celebration on Sunday night for two more dear friends of ours (husband and wife with the same b-day - adorable!).
What are you MOST excited about for this weekend?

3 comments:

Arlynn said...

I love all of your 99 things... so much to learn about a person!

Just to let you know how Unique & Chic I think your blog is, I'd like to pass along an award:

http://fleurde-licious.blogspot.com/2009/03/ooohhhh-yeahhhh.html

Thanks so much for all of your fun posts & have fun with the award!

Best,

Arlynn

Anonymous said...

Wow...now THIS is a list! I look forward to see things getting checked off. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your post! So informative :)
Thanks for sharing...