Thursday, May 29, 2008

Childhood Flames

NEW BRAIN CANDY ALERT!

Childhood Flames is the blog of a girl-GENIUS, a girl-FASHION-genius. Seriously.


Pretty tough. Pretty AND tough.

Camille is 15 years old and blogs about "adventures in fashion and life belonging to a teenage girl stuck in suburbia." She posts pictures of some of the most gorgeously put-together ensembles and most highly covetable purchases that I have ever seen.


Would you like to know what I was wearing when IIIIIIIII was 15? Yikes. I'll have to post a picture later.

Camille consistently pulls off the kind of outfits that I can only dream about... what makes me love this girl even more? Some of her best finds are from American Apparel, Target, Old Navy, her Dad's closet, Nordstom's Rack, and Goodwill.

She wears Marni and Dries van Noten and Yves Saint Laurent platform oxford heels... and... and...

*sigh*

I should just face the facts - I will NEVER be as cool and chic as darling little Camille.

The Marni Shoes.
WANNNT. NEEED.

Not only has she inspired me to be more adventurous when putting together my outfits every morning, but she has also inspired me with an amazingly easy, yet high-fashion, how-to that I will be working on for my next DIY project.

She was inspired by the looks of the runway of Spring 2008 and just decided to whip up the look for herself. She MADE that skirt (and in a few other colors, too).

Lovely Readers - check it out.

Camille - you absolutely, positively ROCK.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

WHAT!!!! she is only fifteen! and she dresses like THAT! coolest girl i've seen in a long long time!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? WOW. She's pretty fab.

/// said...

Good LORD, you're right! :) Thanks for the link!

Jessie said...

I know, my friends... I know. It took me a while to get over it, too.

SGM said...

Incredible!

Yeah, at 15, I looked like a boy.

Jessie said...

Me too, SGM!