Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sock it to me

Has anyone else been noticing all of the transitional fall looks that incorporate wearing high heel sandals with socks?

It seems like they are everywhere, so I decided to give it a whirl... here is some of my inspiration:



This Time Tomorrow (LOVE her blog... add it to your reader IMMEDIATELY!)



Ugh, didn't tag this one, sorry... Copenhagen Street Style I think?






From the Sariah Fall '09 collection via The Lil Bee


The Store... Natch.


Moi!


Meh...

There you have it. Not sure if I'd do it again, but at least I tried.

I think next time I'm going to try rocking the lighter colored shorty sock with a little lace or something folded over... I know, I know - SO "going to church in the early nineties with my saddle shoes on" but then again, those are making a come back too, you know!

BAM!
Steve Madden Tuxxedo (not a typo) on Endless


How about you... will be trying this look this season???

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I love this look. Great representation! I will definitely be rocking it!

alissa said...

oooo way to try something new! i love all of the inspiration photos - especially that second one.
im thinking im not retiring my sandals for the winter - i had been thinking tights but socks are a fun idea...

krista said...

big fan. you look adorable!

Ashley said...

I think you look great! I do like the idea of the shorter colored ones, but I don't know if I will actually try it. What I definitely will do is a pair of black/white stripes with my skinny jeans and flats (via Kate Spade, of course).

Anonymous said...

you are such a hipster you can pull it off fersure!! hm not sure if I could do it though it just reminds me of all the san diego tourists at belmont park with fanny packs and big chunky white 80s socks in their hiking sandals.... however high fashion makes it look chic I must say!! I'm not trendsetta though.... hehe (: