Monday, August 17, 2009

Salt and Peppa

How was your weekend, Dolls? Ours was rainy and gray, with lots of time spent with friends, and that's just how I like 'em!
I also got a chance to do some thrifting this weekend, and I found some really great treasures!
- A golden pot for one of my happy little houseplants
- A vintage pair of sunglasses that is going to get it's lenses popped out to make way for some prescription indoor lenses
- A vintage housedress that was realllly ugly, and needed only a few snips and stitches to make it MUCH cuter (don't worry, I took some hilarious before photos)
- A pair of suspenders (finally) that I meant to wear today and photograph, but I got sidetracked by dressing to walk to and from the bus stop in the rain after work

One of the things that I did NOT find, however, was a pair of salt and pepper shakers. I have had them on my "thrifting list" for the longest time, but no luck yet! That is why I have added these beauties to my growing Birthday List...

Flamingo Salt and Pepper Shakers from Bailey Doesn't Bark


*Sigh*

They're perfect. I'd still settle for a really cute thrifted pair, but it nothing pops up, I'd settle for these in a heartbeat!

How about you? Did YOU find anything lovely over the weekend?

1 comment:

alissa said...

i stopped by re-runs to drop something off...and ended up buying the best ring ever! im kind of obsessed with it hehe