Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wall Doodles

I am TOTALLY tempted to try this fun project to spice up our long, boring hallway this weekend. It looks a little daunting, but I think I could do it!

The page from the Fossil catalog


I was inspired by the DIY I saw over at Design*Sponge, done by another blogger named Kellie. She used a page from a catalog for inspiration, a couple of fat paint pens, and a footstool to transform her blank walls into a complete masterpiece! I've painted some freehand lettering on one of the walls in our kitchen, and with a paint pen, it seems like it would be much easier!


Kellie's Wall



What do we think on the colors and shapes, my Luckies?? Be sure to share if you have any ideas, and I will definitely keep you posted!

7 comments:

Wishing True said...

I think you need to post a "before" picture of the hall to generate some inspiration. Maybe something kind of deco (or derivative of that)?

Arlynn said...

I love this idea! And the fact that it's imperfections will make it perfect : - )

What about an updated harlequin pattern - something that connects - and gives a modern feel. I've always loved the harlequin pattern in small spaces - it just makes them seem so special!!!

Amanda said...

Love, love, love this idea! It would be perfect in your long hallway! I can't wait to see the after!

Ashley said...

I love the idea. I agree with Wishing True.. maybe a before pic?! I do, however, like the pattern because the color scheme plays down the large pattern. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Ashley said...

Looking at that pattern again, it makes me think of bird cages :) You could draw in a little birdie in one of them and incorporate your animals you've been talking about!

Jessie said...

You're right Wishing, I definitely need to take some before pictures first! Thanks for stopping by!

Arlynn, that's a great idea!

Thanks, Amanda!

Ash, I LOVE the idea of adding a little birdie here and there...

Now I just need to start thinking about color. There is NOTHING in the hallway at the moment, so I pretty much have free reign. I'm thinking maybe a fun teal color?

Kristyn said...

so fun jes! i'm sure you will do a sweet pattern. i was thinking that simplified outlines of the state of missouri would look good--you know...just joking...

have fun with it. wish i would be around for the weekend ot help or jsut be moral support!